Navisworks is one of the flagship BIM solutions offered in the AEC Collection that serves design and construction users globally with the ability to holistically review integrated models and data for better control over project planning and outcomes. The software’s powerful coordination and clash detection capabilities provide high ROI value for construction projects, making it a broadly adopted tool for BIM and VDC teams.
Navisworks has seen incremental improvements with each recent product release, with a focus on stability, connectivity, and quality. Our continued investment has been focused on where we believe the most value lies for our construction customers—in providing seamless workflows for the entire project team. The new Navisworks Issues integration with BIM 360 Model Coordination is reflective of this commitment to our valued customers.
By bringing together Navisworks and BIM 360 Model Coordination, we’re combining the best of both products: powerful Navisworks workflows users already know and love, and the time-saving automation and cloud capabilities of BIM 360. The integration allows project partners to save time with automated clash detection, increase the quality of their models, and create a single source of truth for issue management across the entire project team.
Now, project teams can:
- Create and assign issues directly from Navisworks
- Save hours with automated clash detection in BIM 360 Model Coordination
- Maintain a common data environment for the entire coordination process
With the integration, users can create and view issues in either Navisworks or BIM 360 Model Coordination. This allows for a hybrid workflow that enhances existing Navisworks-based processes and empowers Model Coordination users to do more specific clash detection and analysis in Navisworks. And, with the Revit Issues Add-in (currently in open beta), users can open Revit and view BIM 360 issues, fully closing the workflow between design and construction teams.
This new capability is a major leap forward for project teams doing model coordination, removing the need to pay for third-party plugins, and creating a common data environment for the entire project team.
“Having Navisworks connected to BIM 360 allows us to manage our model reviews more effectively through issues in a common data environment. Additionally, by connecting Navisworks to the cloud we can integrate the best of both Navisworks and Model Coordination workflows. This allows us the flexibility to utilize different processes to provide the best solutions for our clients.”
Nick Bobbit, VDC Manager at Barton Malow
KEY FEATURES OF THE NAVISWORKS AND BIM 360 MODEL COORDINATION INTEGRATION INCLUDE:
- Automated clash detection – As design and trade partners publish models to coordination spaces in BIM 360, Model Coordination automates the detection of potential clash issues.
- Collaborative issue management – Multi-disciplinary project models can be reviewed for constructability, and issues can be created, assigned, and tracked through resolution in either Navisworks or Model Coordination.
- BIM 360 document management in Navisworks – curated content views can be accessed in Navisworks, ensuring users are working on the same set of content as those in Model Coordination.
- Customized clash setups – saved clash tests can be run in Navisworks against BIM 360 Model Coordination managed datasets.
- 4D simulation – The full breadth of Navisworks tools can be leveraged, including 4D simulation, based on the latest design data.
- Save as NWF – NWF files can be saved and shared with other Navisworks users, referencing content managed within Model Coordination.
- Clash grouping and issue screenshot – Review and group clash results in Navisworks and track as issues with attached screenshots.