Security Scorecard: Cybersecurity Ratings
Cybersecurity rating companies use a combination of data points collected organically or purchased from public and private sources and then apply proprietary algorithms to articulate an organization’s security effectiveness into a quantifiable score.
SecurityScorecard provides transparency into our ratings methodology and delivers insights into how it aligns with industry standards. Understand the principles, methodology, and process behind how our cybersecurity ratings work.
• Create a data-driven narrative with metrics that show stakeholders the current and potential business create impact of security risks and the efforts to mitigate them.
• Continuously monitor your cybersecurity posture, manage your reputational risk, and address real-time issues and findings against your business.
• Effectively communicate your cybersecurity strategy and risk posture to the Board and C-Suite in an easy-to-understand rating language.
• Align cybersecurity with business needs, report on your organization’s performance, and demonstrate the efficacy and ROI of your cybersecurity programs.
• Take control of third-party risk and improve the cyberhealth of your entire vendor system.
• Accelerate the vendor risk assessment process by 75% with transparency into vulnerabilities in your third-party ecosystem and with industry–leading collaborative remediation tools.
In conjunction with the US Chamber of Commerce and other security rating experts, SecurityScorecard helped shape and then adopted these guiding principles for fair and accurate security ratings.