What makes a laptop durable?
A durable laptop is a laptop that is designed to withstand extremes of temperature, harsh environmental conditions, years of use, and accidental abuse. Regardless of what mistakes happen on the job site, a laptop built with mechanical strength will be able to survive just about anything. At the end of the day, durable laptops are constructed from the ground up with tough conditions and long-lasting quality in mind.
HP Total Test Process
What is tested during the HP Total Test Process?
- Drop: Can the laptop survive a 30-inch drop from any angle?
- Functional shock: Can the laptop operate after sudden exposure to physical shock?
- Vibration: Can the laptop withstand high-vibration for extended periods of time?
- Dust: Can the laptop remain operable after hours of blowing dust?
- Humidity: Can the laptop remain operable through 95% humidity conditions?
- Altitude: Can the laptop be stored and operated at 15,000 feet?
- High temperature: Can the laptop function at 140°F and store at 160°F?
- Low temperature: Can the laptop function at -20°F and store at -60°F?
- Sand: Can the laptop remain operable after exposure to blowing sand of up to 20M/S at a temperature of 140°F?
- Crash hazard shock: Does the laptop eject sub-elements as a result of a crash? Do its restraining devices fail during these situations?
- Freeze/Thaw: Can the laptop be safely powered-on after exposure to a temperature drop of 14°F for two hours?
- Solar radiation: How does the laptop react to extended periods of exposure to sunshine?
- Explosive atmosphere: Can the laptop function safely in fuel-air explosive atmospheres without sparking ignition?
- Temperature shock: Can the laptop withstand exposure to sudden changes in temperature while non-operational?
- Transportation shock: How does the laptop respond to repetitive shock loads?
- Bench handling: Can the laptop withstand varying levels of shock incurred from bench handling, bench maintenance, or packaging?
- Electrostatic discharge: Can the laptop be safely operated after exposure to sudden electrostatic discharge of up to 8,000 volts?
Who are durable laptops good for?
- Scientists can explore the depths of the glacial North Pole and researchers studying the geographic landscape of Death Valley need not worry about their laptop’s ability to withstand extreme temperatures
- Construction workers can bring their laptop on-site without fear of destruction as a durable laptop can survive tough impacts and high sun exposure
- College students can stuff their bags to the brim without stressing about textbooks and lunch Tupperware banging up their PC
- Digital nomads can travel from point A to point B knowing their PC is designed for all types of transportation vibrations, altitudes, and climate changes