What is Incident Response?
Incident response is a structured method to address and manage security events on a computer or its networks. Efforts from an incident response team aims to reduce damages and minimize recovery time and costs. Responding to a security incident requires an expert team that has a well-defined plan and tools in place.
Incident response can become easier with Managed Threat Response (MTR). Sophos MTR delivers 24/7 threat hunting and detection that yields a better head start toward a proficient solution response, backed by an elite team of expert threat hunters and response experts.
What are Security Incidents?
Security incidents are events that may indicate a cyber threat or attack in an organization’s system or network. It is crucial to identify these incidents and respond to them immediately, to get better outcomes. The most common forms of security incidents include data breaches, malware attacks, phishing, and denial of service.
A potential security incident can show signs such as slow network, excessive pop-ups, increasing data usage, encrypted files and servers, among other things.
Incident Response Steps
Incident response has six effective steps, as follows:
- Preparation – When the inevitable attack has come, the preparation phase is crucial for immediate response. This involves reviewing existing security measures and policies, and other preparations necessary. The rapid response team may execute risk assessments to know the vulnerabilities existing at the moment and which ones should be prioritized.
- Identification – This phase includes gathering all information attainable regarding the case and analyzing them extensively to identify the problem and how to fix it. As specialists at neutralizing active threats, the Sophos Rapid Response team can stop it all, be it an infection, compromise, or unauthorized access of assets that attempts to dodge your security controls. Sophos incident response team works with Managed Threat Response. They are responsible for 24/7 threat hunting, detection, and response service. They also proactively hunt for, identify, investigate, and respond to threats on behalf of customers as part of a fully-managed service.
- Containment – Following threat or attack identification, the third step aims to contain the damage and prevent further loss from happening. Containment involves sub-phases such as short-term containment, system back-up, and long-term containment.
- Eradication – After discovering all affected areas, eradication is the point where the response team eliminates the threat or malware, restores the affected systems, and reduces loss of data. The team may put systems off-line for a certain period, allowing them to deal with the issue more securely.
- Recovery – The incident response team should bring the updated replacement systems online by this time. For organizations with high-quality security in place, such as Sophos Rapid Response, system restorations without data loss are possible but this isn’t always the case. Once the incident is resolved and the threat is neutralized, you’ll be transferred to a Sophos’ Managed Threat and Response service MTR Advanced, that comes with around-the-clock proactive threat hunting, investigation, detection, and response. In case the threat returns or a new threat follows, Sophos Rapid Response is ready to respond without additional . If you are under attack for 45 days, Sophos Rapid Response will defend you for 45 days during your subscription term.
- Lessons Learned – This phase is significant for future benefits. It involves having clear reviews of the actions taken during the incident response, which can help improve future efforts for any potential incident responses. With Sophos Rapid Response, a formal and detailed summary of the investigation, including the discoveries found, and recommendation for long-term guidance on how to resolve a reoccurrence of equivalent threats in the future is provided after neutralizing the threat.
How can Sophos Rapid Response help an organization?
Sophos Rapid Response provides a lightning-fast incident action to defeat hackers trying to attack an organization. It includes all the benefits of Sophos Managed Threat Response, plus a series of further benefits such as:
● MTR Advanced in “Authorize” threat response mode
● Round the clock threat monitoring, hunting, and response
● Diligent response lead and direct call-in access during an active threat
● Fast quoting and same-day account activation
Sophos Rapid Response’s 24/7 team of incident responders, threat analysts, and threat hunters act quickly to help you get out of the danger zone before they can even create damage. Sophos’ expert team of incident responders can:
● Rapidly take measures to triage, contain, and neutralize active threats.
● Expel adversaries from your area to ward off additional asset damage
● Perform nonstop 24/7 monitoring and response for better protection
● Propose preventative actions to address root causes in real-time
● Immediately deploy Sophos cloud-based technology stack across your property
● Examine supplementary data from external technologies
● Produce a post-incident threat summary in detail regarding the investigation
Cyberattacks can cause problems beyond nuisance and trouble. In several cases, attacks can cause serious impairments, such as reputation damages and even life safety. With Sophos Rapid Response, take cyber risk security intently, delivering incredibly fast and top-tier protection.
Want to avail Sophos Rapid Response? Wordtext Systems, Inc. is an accredited provider of Sophos products in the Philippines.
For inquiries, call us at +63 2 8858 5555 or email email@example.com today!