Sophos is a global pioneer in cybersecurity that delivers cutting-edge antivirus and encryption products and services to more than 500,000 enterprises and millions of users. Sophos was established in 1985 and is now bolstered by threat intelligence, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) from SophosLab and SophosAI, allowing it to provide an extensive portfolio of solutions for the protection of users, networks and endpoints against cyberthreats.
No matter what operating system or platform you use—Windows, Linux, Mac, or mobile—, it’s highly important that your personal computers (PCs) are backed up with reliable protection since there are a variety of cyber threats that are constantly evolving. An antivirus program like Sophos Antivirus helps to safeguard your devices from viruses and malware.
What Is Sophos Antivirus?
Sophos Endpoint Protection is equipped with an antivirus program that provides comprehensive, real-time protection against all types of cyberthreats such as malware, viruses, ransomware, malicious software and hacking attempts that prompt your PCs to slow down and corrupt your data.
Sophos Endpoint can easily track suspicious threats with the help of advanced virus scanning and removal technologies, behavioral recognition and artificial intelligence.
With Sophos Antivirus, users can take advantage of its scanning capabilities, including:
- Better Security Performance – Sophos Antivirus scans, cleans and removes malware that slows down your device’s performance.
- Threat Protection – To secure private information, Sophos blocks viruses and ransomware from stealing or corrupting your data, documents and photos.
- Secure Shopping – Users can browse the web with relief knowing that their online shopping and banking are fully protected from phishing and hacking.
- Private Browsing – Sophos has the ability to scan, detect and block tracking codes and unauthorized access that target your online browsing activity.
- Privacy Protection – It prevents hackers from using malware to gain access to your webcam or microphone to avoid spying and other predatory acts.
- Password Security – With Sophos, a user’s login information is secured from hackers who steal usernames and passwords.
- Protect All Devices – Sophos Antivirus allows users to protect more than 10 Windows and Mac computers, as well as an infinite number of iOS and Android devices.
- Mobile Management – Users can add more devices for protection, carry out remote scans, receive alerts and change security settings remotely with user-friendly interface and cloud dashboard.
Sophos Antivirus Additional Features
Sophos Antivirus delivers tailored, easy-to-use device protection based on the operating system you use, including Sophos Linux, Sophos Mac, Sophos Mobile and Windows, to repel malicious threats through data loss prevention, ransomware protection and cloud security.
Features of Sophos Server for Linux
Sophos Linux provides a solution to detect viruses such as worms and Trojans for Linux computers. Through scanning your computer, this antivirus software can also spot existing Linux and non-Linux viruses that may be stored in Linux computers and transferred to non-Linux computers.
Some features of Sophos Linux include:
- On-Access Scanning – It is the primary form of active protection of Linux computers against viruses. Sophos Linux automatically scans and grants access when you open, save or copy a file.
- On-Demand Scanning – Whether through a manual run of an on-demand scan or setting it to run unattendedly, Sophos Linux offers scanning of single to several sorts of files that have the user’s authorization to access.
- Other features of Sophos Linux are as follows:
- The threat detection engine has been updated to 3.85.1.
- OpenSSL has been updated to 1.1.1n to address the vulnerability CVE-2022-0778.
- Libexpat has been updated to 2.4.7.
- zlib has been updated to 1.2.12
Features of Sophos Endpoint for Mac
Since cyber threats continue to grow more sophisticated, Macs are no exception. Sophos Mac concentrates on enhancing Mac’s cybersecurity capabilities with enterprise-class security that offers protection against known and unknown Mac-related threats.
Sophos Mac is equipped with a variety of features such as:
- Real-Time Mac Antivirus – It protects your Mac devices against phishing, malware, Trojans, worms, bots, potentially unwanted apps (PUA) and ransomware.
- Parental Website Filtering – Sophos Mac allows users to have parental control over children’s online access or activities.
- Mac Web Protection – Using the extensive SophosLabs blacklist database, compromised or dangerous websites can be blocked.
- Remote Management – You can add a number of PCs and Macs for protection anywhere with its easy-to-use web interface.
- Mac Ransomware Security – It prevents the latest ransomware from encrypting a user’s files and drives.
- Privacy Protection – With , users will have the ability to block unauthorized access to webcams and keystrokes and prevent apps from sharing personal information.
- Identity Protection – This feature prevents cyber threats that might attempt to steal a user’s usernames and passwords.
- Advanced Malware Scan and Clean – Sophos offers scanning, cleaning, and removal tools against any traces of prior viruses, malware, and spyware.
- Premium Support – Users can report some issues with Sophos live chat (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST Monday-Friday) and 24/7 access to Knowledge Base support.
- Number of Protected Devices – Users can also add up to 10 Mac devices and unlimited iOS devices.
Features of Sophos Endpoint for Windows
Sophos Windows offers next-generation antivirus together with a wide range of security solutions for Windows PCs such as deep malware scanning, AI detection, and using highly-developed ransomware technology.
There are a myriad of features that s provides to users, which include:
- Predictive Artificial Intelligence (AI) Threat Detection – It provides detection and protection of accurate rates of viruses and malwares that include deep learning capabilities.
- Real-Time Antivirus – It can easily recognize virus behavior and secure your PC against malware, viruses, ransomware, PUAs and other cyber threats.
- Parental Website Filtering – Sophos enables parental control for the management of your children’s web content access on the PC through the selection of filtering categories.
- Web Protection – Users can block harmful and unwanted websites with the use of SophosLab database.
- Remote Management – Users can also secure many PCs through Sophos simple application.
- Advanced Real – Time Threat Prevention – It uses advanced and synchronous protection tools to prevent the attack of the latest cyber threats.
- Ransomware Security – This feature secures the user’s personal files and photos from encryption, stops ransomware attacks, and deletes ransomware-infected files.
- Advanced Web Security – It blocks compromised websites like phishing sites and provides browser security, automatic download scanning and website blocking.
- Banking Protection – Sophos uses new technology to block third-parties and keylogger software from accessing user’s banking and credit card credentials.
- Privacy Protection – It safeguards your devices from unauthorized webcam access and encrypts your keystrokes to stop hackers from stealing your username and passwords.
- Identity Protection – This feature blocks malware from targeting your login information.
- Advanced Malware Scan and Clean – Your device is completely scanned and cleaned with different tools and techniques to remove malware, viruses, Trojans, rootkits, spyware and other hidden threats.
- Number of Protected Devices – Sophos allows users to add more than 10 Windows PCs.
Features of Sophos Mobile
As a secure Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solution, Sophos Mobile helps businesses and organizations manage and secure both traditional and mobile endpoints with minimal effort.
Sophos Mobile supports bring-your-own-device (BYOD) environments with the iOS User Enrolment and Android Enterprise Work Profile in order to ensure that both corporate data and private information are well-protected and kept private. Other features of Sophos Mobile include:
- Intercept X for Mobile – Using the industry-leading Intercept X deep learning engine, this feature provides protection for individuals, their devices and business data from the latest and undiscovered mobile threats.
- Extended Detection and Response (DXR) – It helps extend the control and visibility of businesses through performing comprehensive threat hunting and IT operation tasks such as inspecting devices for unwanted apps, identifying outdated software, and looking into mobile endpoints and networks.
- Sophos Central Platform – With Sophos Mobile, businesses can manage mobile end users through its full UEM in conjunction with endpoint, network, and server security. It has a well-designed admin interface without requiring a server installation.
In today’s digital age, a vast number of cyber security threats grow constantly to attack and steal an individual or entire organization’s data through viruses, malware, ransomware, spyware and many more. That’s why the best solution to protect your device and personal data is to install an advanced and reliable antivirus program such as Sophos.
If you are looking for a trusted Sophos provider, then check out Wordtext Systems Inc. WSI is a leading distributor of IT products in the Philippines for more than 40 years. Should you have inquiries, feel free to contact +63 2 8858 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!