Network security includes a series of rules and configurations built to secure the accessibility, confidentiality, and integrity of digital networks and data. It involves the use of both software and hardware technologies. Sophos products such as Sophos Intercept X, Sophos Cloud Security, and Firewalls, deliver superior and formidable network security in place. Designing a secure infrastructure, Sophos ensures legitimate access, reliable network performance, and sophisticated online protection for users, devices, and applications.
Types of Network Security
There are various forms of network security available today, including:
- Antivirus & Anti Malware Software – Your system needs software that can protect it from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other malicious software. Some viruses can corrupt or delete your files, while other malware can allow hackers to get into your system. Best-in-class A technologies, like and Firewalls, boasts a whole new level of ransomware and targeted attack protection, visibility, and analysis. It monitors your network traffic in real-time, scans new files in the system, and checks any signs of suspicious behavior.
- Firewall – Firewalls are common yet an integral part of a network system. Sophos Firewall is like a gatekeeper amid two devices or between a network and the web, preventing any unauthorized access. The two kinds of Firewalls are hardware and software. Installed in the systems, software firewall filters, blocks, and fixes intruding or unwanted things in the network. The hardware firewall, on the other hand, ensures that only a specific pre-defined user or traffic will be granted access to the network.
- Email Security – Emails are common targets of attacks since they are widely used and deployed. Threat vectors like phishing, spam, malware, and suspicious links, can be attached or placed into emails. That’s why robust email securities, which are capable of scanning and filtering incoming messages for viruses and suspicious data are vital to eliminating the chance of any information loss or theft in the system. Sophos Email offers a cloud email security that things simpler yet tough through Sophos Central’s easy-to-use single management console, along with the latest artificial embedded into Sophos’ technology.
- Mobile Device Security – Mobile devices usually have personal and sensitive information. With mobile security, users can prevent attackers from violating their privacy and stealing information stored on their mobile devices. Installing Mobile means you can have both Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) and Mobile Threat Defense (MTD) solutions. It helps businesses spend less time and effort to manage and secure traditional and mobile endpoints.
Mobile security can also limit device access to a network, securing the privacy of the network traffic, and thus preventing any information leaks.
- Wireless Security – Wireless networks can open doors for hackers to enter a system, allowing them to take valuable information, which leads to money loss or ruined reputation. With Sophos Wireless Security, you can easily and effectively protect your network from unauthorized and malicious access attempts. Often, wireless network security is installed through wireless devices such as a wireless router that automatically encrypts and secures all wireless communication, preventing preventing exploits to happen in an IT infrastructure.
- Web Security – Aside from email, the web is one of the most common places for cyberattacks. Sophos Managed Threat Response (MTR) has 24/7 threat hunting, detection, and response capabilities provided by a professional team as a fully-managed service. Having a strong web security service protects organizations against cybercriminals and online threats in the web channel. It monitors and filters internet traffic in real-time, denying suspicious traffic from gaining access. Strong web security safeguards users, data, and companies from attackers.
- Endpoint Security – From the word itself, endpoint security secures endpoints or end-user devices such as laptops and mobile devices. As a point of access to an enterprise network, endpoints are points of entry where attackers can take advantage. With Sophos Intercept X, your system can stop even the latest and most sophisticated cybersecurity threats. It incorporates cross-product data sources for even more visibility, protects files from ransomware, performs behavioral analysis to stop boot record attacks, and so much more. Sophos Central Device Encryption can also help protect your data against cyberattacks
Having a cybersecurity posture in this digital age is highly significant for businesses and entities. Without it, your business can become vulnerable to cyberattacks, which can result in a huge loss of money or a ruined reputation or identity.
Looking for a trusted Cybersecurity provider? Wordtext Systems, Inc. provides Sophos products allowing you to secure each endpoint on your network, ranging from laptops to virtual desktops and servers to web, as well as email traffic to mobile devices.
For inquiries, call us at +63 2 8858 5555 today!