Welcome to Autodesk
Here is your guide in setting up your account:
What to do as a contract manager?
In your first 30 days after getting your software
Sign in to your Autodesk account
Set up your Autodesk account (when prompted, change your password)
ASSIGN those users to your subscription (will depend the number of licenses bought; set who will be the primary/ secondary admin)
INFORM your users about the sign in process
INSTALL your software to the end user’s computer
The main point of contact for every Autodesk license. There can only be one per license. The contract manager can only be changed by contacting Autodesk client services. He is also the default Primary Administrator.
The Primary Administrator is a critical role. Every team in Autodesk Account has a Primary Admin, who can:
- Assign users to software and services
- Access support and downloads for products in the team
- View contracts purchased through a reseller, even if they are not the Contract Manager
- View and export product usage reports for all the teams of users and subscriptions they manage
A Secondary Administrator can take all of the same actions as the Primary Admin, however, there can be an unlimited number of Secondary Admins per team and a single Secondary Admin can manage multiple teams.
- A Secondary Admin is usually assigned to help the Primary Admin manage subscriptions/users across different teams which may represent different departments, offices, or business units. This is especially useful for larger customers with many users.
Assign users to products
In Autodesk Account user management, primary and secondary admins can assign access to products and services by product, rather than by user. If you are adding a new user, that user receives a confirmation that explains how they can create their own account and download their software.
Note: You can reassign and unassign products and services as often as you need.
- How to add and assign users by product
- Sign in to your account at manage.autodesk.com and click User Management > By Product. You will only see User Managementif you are a primary or secondary admin. Select a product to view details.
- Click Assign users.
- Enter the user’s email address and:
– Click Assignto assign all product items, or
– Click Customizeto select individual items.
- Note:If the user does not accept within seven days, you’ll need to resend the invitation.
- How to import and assign users to a product in bulk
- Prepare a CSV file listing the users you want to import and assign.
– Add a single row for each user.
– Add three columns – First name, Last name, and Email address.
– Users that already have access to this product will not be assigned another seat.
- Sign in to your account at manage.autodesk.comand click User Management > By Product. You will only see User Management if you are a primaryor secondary admin.
Note: If you’re in classic user management, see Assign products and services to users in classic user management.
- Select a team and a product to view details.
- Click Assign users.
Select the Import to assign tab and click Upload CSV file. You can continue working while the file is uploading. A notification displays when the import is complete.
Note: If you receive an error, make sure the file is saved in the CSV format.
If the user does not accept within seven days, you’ll need to resend the invitation.
Assigned as a user? Time to create an Autodesk Account
1.Once your license is loaded, you will receive an email from Autodesk with your account information.
2. To create an Autodesk Account: Go to accounts.autodesk.com/register and complete the form. The email (Autodesk ID) and password you enter is used to sign in to Autodesk Account and to activate your software.
Note: Do not use double-byte numbers in user names, they are not supported. See the article, DBCS, for more information.
Install on a Single Computer
Install Downloaded Files on Windows
You can install download files immediately after download (below), or from the Autodesk desktop app.
To install on Windows immediately after download:
1.Download the installer files based on the download methods available for your product.
2.When the installer files have been downloaded, find and double-click the files to start the installation.
3.Click Install/Uninstall on this Computer.
4.Do the following and click Install:
1.Select the products or components to install.
2.Specify where the installed files will be located. If you don’t want to use the default installation path, specify a new one. (The path name cannot exceed 260 characters.)This process can take several minutes. If the process seems to be stalled, make sure the program is not waiting for you to close another application; this message can be hidden by the main installation window
When the installation is done you’ll see a list of the installed software components. Click Finish to close the installer.
Where to Download Products
Steps to follow
1. Sign in to Autodesk Account at manage.autodesk.com.
2. Click All Products & Services on the Home page menu.
3. Click the collection name on the Products & Services page.
4. Click View all included items to see individual products in the collection.
Download and install each product.
Still under the Maintenance License or a Network license?
Take note of these changes:
Transition to Named User
Autodesk is retiring plans based on serial numbers and launching new plans based on people. Autodesk’s new plans will deliver you and your business many benefits now, and in the future, at a cost consistent with what you pay today.
1. What’s changing & why?
Last May 7, 2020, Autodesk launched new subscription plans that are based on people and retired plans based on serial numbers. These new plans for named users will provide benefits, including:
- Optimize your licensing costs, by having visibility into your usage data.
- No need to manage your own license servers or track an anonymous serial number again.
- Dedicated access for all employees who need it, wherever they are working – at home or in the office. No more downtime waiting for licenses.
- Tailor support and learning content to employees based on insights.
2. These new plans for named users will replace those based on serial numbers:
- Maintenance plans will retire on May 7, 2021 and cannot be further renewed. The NEW MAINTENACE TRADE-IN PROMO is for you!
- Subscriptions with multi-user access will retire on August 7, 2021 and cannot be further renewed. The NEW MULTI USER TRADE-IN PROMO is for you!
- As part of retiring maintenance, the last version of the Design & Creation Suites was released in April 2020 for customers to download, and the last date to renew Suites was on April 16, 2020.
3. Maintenance trade-in offer
At your first renewal, before May 7, 2021:
- Trade-in one standalone or network maintenance seat for one standard subscription (trade in standalone and get single-user access; trade in network and get multi-user access) at a price similar to what you’re paying in 2019 for maintenance.
- Then, renew at an ongoing discount to 2028.
- After trade-in, network maintenance plan customers will also have an opportunity to take advantage of the multi-user trade-in at their next renewal after August 7, 2020.
What if I don’t take the maintenance trade-in offer?
If you do not take the trade-in offer, maintenance prices has increased by 20% last August 7, 2020. Maintenance plans will retire on May 7, 2021 and cannot be further renewed.
4. Multi-user trade-in offer
At your first renewal only, after August 7, 2020:
- Trade-in one multi-user subscription or network maintenance seat for two standard subscriptions for one named user each at a similar SRP you’re paying today for your existing seat or subscription.
- For example, if you have 20 multi-user subscriptions, you can trade them in for 40 standard subscriptions for 40 named users at a similar SRP you’re paying today.
- Then, renew at an ongoing discount to 2028.
What if I don’t take the multi-user/network trade-in offer at my first renewal that occurs after August 7, 2020?
- If you do not take the trade-in, at your second renewal, you can trade-in one multi-user subscription/ network maintenance seat for one standard subscription at a similar SRP you’re paying today for your existing seat or subscription.
- If you do not take the trade-in and keep your network maintenance seats, maintenance prices has increased by 20% last August 7, 2020. Subscriptions with multi-user access will retire on August 7, 2021 and cannot be further renewed.
Subscription Plan Reminders
The Autodesk Industry Collections
We offer a set of tools to help create more imaginatively and fluidly, solve complex problems, build smarter and faster, and make better design decisions. Each collection includes the essential products for your industry at one great price.
Plan, design, construct, and manage buildings with multidisciplinary BIM software.
Civil infrastructure conceptual design and analysis software.
Intuitive 3D sketching app with native Revit interoperability.
Civil engineering design and construction documentation software.
Software for 2D and 3D CAD. Includes AutoCAD, specialized toolsets, and apps.
3D modeling, animation, and rendering software for design visualization.
Create visual logic to design workflows and automate tasks.
Building performance analysis software.
3D modeling software for steel detailing.
Vehicle swept path analysis software.
Reality capture and 3D scanning software and services.
Clash detection and advanced coordination, 5D analysis, and simulation software.
Professional-grade tools for 3D mechanical design, simulation, and documentation.
Factory Design Utilities
Factory design software to plan, design, and install an efficient production layout.
True shape nesting software for Inventor to optimize yield from raw material.
Product data management software to manage design files and track revisions.
CAD-embedded software for non-linear stress, thermal, vibration, and fatigue simulation.
Large-scale design review software with clash detection and scheduling.
2D and 3D CAD software with industry-specific toolsets.
Inventor Tolerance Analysis
Tolerance stackup analysis software for evaluating the impact of dimensional variation.
Integrated 2.5- to 5-axis CAD/CAM programming solution for Inventor.
Cloud-based CAD/CAM/CAE software for product design and manufacturing.
Integrated 2.5- to 5-axis CAD/CAM programming solution for SOLIDWORKS.
Create expansive worlds, realistic characters, and dazzling effects.
Create massive worlds for games and finely detailed interiors for design visualization.
Render your most complex projects. Contact us to get the collection with the Arnold 5-pack.
Capture, edit, and playback complex character animation.
Sculpt and paint highly detailed 3D geometry and textures.
Sketch ideas quickly and create stunning illustrations.
Create 3D models from imported photographs and laser scans.
Create custom and ready-to-animate 3D characters.
Use cloud rendering to create photorealistic images in less time.
Is your license expiring soon? Make sure to renew your subscriptions and enjoy these benefits:
- 5% savings compared to buying a new software
- New releases of your software
- Product enhancements
- Previous versions of your software
- Home Use Rights
- Global Travel Rights
- Technical support
- Cloud credits purchased on that contract
- Entitled cloud services
Save 10% with a 3-year subscription
- Get 10% savings when you renew or switch to a new subscription with a 3-year term length. By doing so, you can enjoy 3 years of worry-free access to your software, improved operational efficiencies, and predictable software budgeting.
- Talk to your us today!